Yesterday I was at the launch of Oracle 11gR2 the Hilton hotel in Milan. I was hoping to meet some of the group DBA Oracle DBA Italy on Facebook, but it was not the case, although the rooms were crowded. With great pleasure I have known Alberto Era, which I often read interesting articles on Oracle. I only found out yesterday that has also opened a blog .
I talked to Albert about a site aggregator of reference for all DBA Italian, in Italian, in order to also collect his impressions. Apart from the differences, we agree that it would take a greater support and enthusiasm from the other DBA.
Although I have followed as far as possible all the ads at the exit of 11gR2, I was lost in a strange and unusual new Oracle Exadata 2: Columnar Hybrid Compression . Oracle database is going to " columnar ? Even Kevin Closson he's busy and it seems that the Oracle version has some extra features (hence the term "hybrid").
Must try the Redefinition -based edition, which promises to update the db objects in a transparent manner during an upgrade of the application. In practice you no longer have downtime for upgrades. The "issues" are defined at the database level.
I saw a slide on one-node RAC, in practice a particular licensing for which we build a two-node RAC in an instance where there is always the most active, while the other car are all active components except for the RAC instance. It is ultimately an active / passive cluster controlled by clusterware. As I understand it also has the defect (it) to exist only for enterprise edition.
An excellent use of the new cluster filesystem as ACFS is shared ORACLE_HOME. In the event of an upgrade of the home, you can also use the snapshot feature to possibly go back if necessary, but only with regard to the binaries, not the db.
ideas Oracle home there. I will update you soon on the evidence before 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure I've just completed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment